Frequently asked questions about coronavirus
Questions and answers are written by YTN. See the answers to the questions from this page.
- Can my employer make me work from home?
- Is it possible to start working from home on my own initiative due to the risk of infection?
- What happens if I am quarantined?
- You are allowed to stay home to look after your child if the child’s condition requires your presence.
- What are the possible effects of my absence on my annual holiday?
- The company is struggling financially due to the current situation, what are the possible scenarios?
- How can I guarantee my income if I contract coronavirus?
- Can my employer tell me to carry my work equipment on my free time?
- Should I travel for business?
- I am about to return or I have recently returned from a business trip abroad
- I have returned from a trip abroad and my employer is telling me to stay home, am I entitled to my regular salary?
- My employer wants to lay off people due to the situation caused by the virus
- Does the situation caused by coronavirus count as adequate grounds for applying the crisis clause of the collective agreement?
- I am unsure how to act on my employer’s suggestions in these circumstances