Skolar Award invites bold postdocs to apply for a 100 000 euro prize!
Hi postdoc researcher!
Skolar Award is a research pitching competition for ambitious postdoc researchers with a prize of 100 000 euros. We invite you to participate and take the stage at the biggest startup conference in the Nordics, Slush.
The application period is open from May 15th to September 17th. We will choose 8 - 10 applicants to become finalists and come pitch their ideas at Slush on the 5th of December. The final winner will be selected by the world-class academic jury at Slush.
Though there’s only one winner for the 100 000 euro prize, all the finalists will get a unique training that will help you pitch your research anywhere! You will get:
- Free pitching training from communications professionals.
- A world-class academic jury to review your work.
- Direct feedback from world-class academic jury prior to final pitch.
- Inspiring coaching sessions to boost your confidence and networking skills during the Slush week in Helsinki.
- A ticket to Slush for the day of the finals and a chance to network with investors.
- Free accommodation and dinner with other finalists in Helsinki.
- A community of likeminded researchers to last a lifetime.
Who can apply:
- Post-doctoral researchers (max. 5 years after PhD) across all research fields. We are looking for new & ambitious research proposals. Your area of research may be technology, art, anthropology, language, culture, medicine, life sciences or any other academic field.
- Your research idea may be based in basic research or applied research.
- In the selection of finalists we prioritise topical ideas that have societal significance and are relevant to this day and age.
- For more information and stories of previous finalists go to: skolaraward.fi
Apply now and become a research superstar! skolaraward.fi